Sunday, November 24, 2013

Re-set of Career Portfolio 101

My learning curves have been steeper than expected for my "simple" lesson plan sketch. Deciding to use the available social media available and easy to use tools, I decided to try Weebly for my website development. Translating my sketches into their system has been interesting. More back three to five steps than forward, but I have gained more interest in my subject as a course than expected. In fact, I bounced up to 3rd on Google searches....making me feel more pressure than ever.

I have a class of 26 students at Triton College as volunteers taking my course which will give me more information than needed...and I have over 200 requests from those seeing my first beta version test which was up less than 50 minutes early Friday morning (1am). I am creating a survey assessment to get better responses and will post  my finished links later when this is more perfected.

I must say this topic is very limited in actual current material on the web which surprised me. Nothing like picking a "hot" topic before it is "HOT"... I just thought it would be nice to try. I must say I hate being both the SME and designer...I find myself getting too involved in the material and perfecting it than focusing on following my learning strategy plans. Does anyone else suffer with this?

I also got very caught up reading books on my topic to see if I could add one more "great" tip or insight - forgetting that this was a simple introduction to the topic not a long, involved three to five week course. So, my update- resetting has it's pros & cons and Weebly is simple for those who never took Dreamweaver - limiting to those who have that background. But, as my student base does not know website building nor needs to know it  for my course- I pushed on designing in it. Will see if they enjoy the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment